Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Erotic Romance Author's view on why curves are HOT and Dangerous!

 
Happy March, everyone! I can't believe it's March already. Where did February go? *whispering in February's ear* You went by quick but keep on going. See you next year. Peace out, Feb. LOL.

 
This image sparked my interest. I thought to myself, "Self, why do you write romance and specifically erotic romance?"
 
I started writing romance novels because I wanted to read about more "realistic" women as lead characters. I've read many different books and loved most of them. Just me personally, I want more women characters who aren't a size 2 and 21 years old etc. That's why Ivy's an average U.S. size 12 with stretchmarks who struggles with her self image. I think we all do this at times. I know I do.   

Even though Ivy's embarrassed by her curves, Jacade loves them. It's all in her head. That's my point. We all are beautiful in our own way. We may not think we are, but we are. The funny thing is, if you ask a man, most will say they don't even notice stretchmarks or imperfections like we do. I was discussing the book with a male friend one day and he had a great viewpoint on this. He said, "You know, most women focus too much on their bodies. When you're naked and on top of us, trust me, we're not looking at what you think is your flabby stomach."

Alrighty then, good point. 

As for erotic romance, I wanted to write in this genre because I've got a dirty mind. Hahaha. I'm kidding... kinda. I've always been an outgoing person and I think it takes a certain type of person to describe a sex scene. To get to know the dirtiness lurking inside me, here are some more true and fun facts: 

1. My real name (nope, not telling it) was suggested by my grandma right before I was born. Apparently, she was in the waiting room reading a romance novel and the lead female character was a princess with my now first name (still not telling ya). That's where it all began. LOL.

2. My bestie and I compiled a list of 100 places to have sex on a whim. (Surprisingly, it didn't take us long. See, I was destined to write dirty books.)

3. I'm a certified HIV counselor (pretty cool, huh?).

4. I have a masters degree in public health. I worked full-time and got a 4.0. (I've got to brag a little. It was rough! Don't ever think you can't do something.) 

5. I won my first poetry contest in fourth grade. 

Hopefully, you have a little more insight into this erotic author. I hope women can relate with Ivy and remember you are beautiful just the way you are. Never let a man tell you any different. If he does then go find your very own Jacade.








Read Ivy and Jacade's story in REVIVAL Book One of the Return to Us Trilogy by M.K. Gilher
 
 
clip_image001clip_image002clip_image004clip_image010clip_image008clip_image012clip_image006pinterestspotify

RECTIFY Book 2 August 3, 2015 Goodreads 
REMEDY Book 3 January 2016 Goodreads

Stalk MKG
clip_image015clip_image016clip_image017clip_image002[1]clip_image018clip_image019
 
To get the inside scoop and earliest peeks, join MKG's Street Team 
 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1581362598766936/

No comments:

Post a Comment